Each month, we present a profile of one of our residents. The idea is to get behind the scene and give you a glimpse of our special Hive community and their lifestyles. By doing so, we hope outsiders to gain a better understanding about how our Hives and more broadly co-living works. So curious to learn more about our “Hivers”?
Meet Iva from the Hive UK community.
1. Hi Iva! We would love to know a bit more about your background and what makes you tick? (i.e. nationality, passion, hobbies, etc)
Hi. My name is Iva, I am originally from Czech Republic and I moved to Oxfordshire 3 years ago. I lived in several different places before joining B-hive Living, but none of them were as nice! My biggest passion is traveling and my dream is to travel all around the world. I also like hiking, swimming and cycling. I normally spend my free time with my partner, my friends or learning new things. Sometimes I also need my space and silent space where I can enjoy reading a book.
2. Before joining us, had you lived in a shared-living space before and what made you choose co-living/ our Hives as your home?
I lived in share houses with friends before, but none of my previous experience is comparable as with B-Hive Living. The reason why I chose this place is because of the beautiful stylised modern environment, but also because I felt at home here from the first moment I walked in!
3. How would you describe co-living as opposed to other types of accommodation you previously experienced?
In co-living what matters is not just the space, but the people you live with. The residents in my Hive are really awesome people from all around the world (Italy, Spain, South Africa, Taiwan, Hungary), they bring with them lots of different experiences and opportunities to learn about a new culture. They all make my stay here very special. They are not just my friends; they are my B-Hive family.
4. What is favourite part of your Hive home and why?
Too many to choose from! I like the specious kitchen where we can all cook together, even at the same time. The dining room is another winner for me as it’s so versatile, allowing me to enjoy a meal study or just chill in the same place. It overlooks the garden and it has plenty of natural light. I also enjoy the garden where I can relax with a cup of coffee or tea or preparing the next barbecue with my other Hivemates! Our barbecue season has already started! Finally, I love the stylish and modern furniture throughout the house.
5. In your Hive space you are more…
- Coffee or Tea? Both
- Quiet housemate or social animal? Both again
- More at your room or a particular common area? I vote for kitchen
6. How would describe your “Hivemates” and what difference they made to your life?
The best thing about living in my Hive are the great people I live with without compromising my ability for enjoying my own private space and quiet moments. I’ve also cheered the opportunity to strike a good balance between my social time with my Hivemates and spending time at the cosiness and warmth of my private en-suite room with a super spacious bathroom. I definitely think everyone can find what they need in this type of shared living.
7. What’s the most unexpected thing you found about yourself or co-living being in a Hive?
Well, I have to say I surprised myself and my housemates with my “amazing” karaoke performance the other night. Actually we surprised each other 😀
8. Would you recommend B-Hive Living to a friend? Why?
I would recommend B-Hive Living to everyone and especially to people who have decided to live on their own for the first time in a different country. Shared living with B-Hive Living make this first step a lot easier and it helps to build autonomy without compromising the social life or without feeling isolated living on our own in a different country.