If someone asked you to name one trait that truly sets successful people apart, what would pop into your head? Talent? Resources? Network? All of these things make a difference, but the single trait that define the top 1% of income earners is that they read. A lot. Bill Gates reads 50 books a year. Mark Zuckerberg reads at least one book every two weeks.
And, it’s not simply how much you read, but also what you read that makes the difference. While people read mostly for entertainment, 85% of top earners read two or more self-improvement or educational books per month. Here are 10 books to get you to help you nurture your growth mindset during this lockdown.
- The Meaningful Life – Randeesh Sandhu
- The One Thing – Gary Keller & Jay Papasan
- 50 Ideas That Can Change your Life – Robert Anthony
- Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway – Susan Jeffreys
- How to Stop Worrying & Start Living – Dale Carnegie
- 7 Kinds of Smart: Identifying & Developing your multiple intelligences -Thomas Armstrong
- Man’s Search for Meaning – Victor E. Frankl
- The Cashflow Quadrant – Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The 4-Hour Workweek – Tim Ferris
- Peaks & Valleys – Spenser Johnson
Power hack: Have your heard of the 5-hour rule? It involves spending five hours a week, or one hour each working day, focused on deliberate learning. This means setting aside time to give your full attention to learning and development, without getting distracted by other work.